Saturday 4 June 2016

Fulfilling Dreams : Wants and Needs

Hehe, so the other day I was just passing by the local store -- I needed to pick up some supplies for the board I am making, as well as some paints. And I found something quite unexpected. I was just chatting to the manager, and paging through some books when I glimpsed this...

Now, I have always wondered at SBG... But, I bit the bullet and bought it anyway, because what the hell. Could I live without it. Yes. Would I have been happier spending the money on something perhaps more useful, possibly. But will it fill a gap in my life, however small a gap it might be, certainly.

I have been studying economics recently, looking at needs and wants. I have identified this purchase as a want... One that I could thankfully satisfy. It will just be fun, paging through at times...






Oh, and as a side note, I have recently been reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight -- by Tolkien -- it took me a while to just sit back and read it -- but I found I actually quite enjoyed it. I truly recommend it to any other fans of oldish literature/language or of Tolkien!


There are some nice references in it to middle earth -- pure gems... hehe.

It actually makes me feel like doing a scenario on it -- set in dark age England -- buuuuut, it will have to weight for a time when my metaphorical purse is heavier and my load of projects is slimmer (aka, never... ;D ) But maybe... One has to dream...

 

1 comment:

  1. Had heard about the Gawain book but it had totally slipped my memory. I will take up on your recommendation.

    I see that I have a big backlog of posts to read :D

    That table will be very enjoyable to play on, I do believe!

    ReplyDelete