Wednesday 1 June 2016

Sculpting Oldhammer -- myself -- aged 75

So for a while now I have been dabbling in sculpting, conversions here and there. So finally, whilst in the midst of an avid conversation with llama, I started pressing putty onto some wires that I had stuck into a cork.

He began as an elf, one which I had previously done some writing for, but I soon realized that my sculpting skills would not make the mark. So, he turned into oldhammer.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the wip -- those always seem to be my favourite, but, here he is.



Upon his completion, I decided that he was me, as a Norse in Oldhammer -- he has the same haircut -- and the facial hair (or at least, in my imagination... ;D ).

So, although I first thought he would be called Harald, I ended up naming him Josha -- with a j pronounced as a y.

And here he is all painted up! Which didn't take more than around 45 minutes -- not including drying time.

All in all, it was an enjoyable mini project, and although he is rather pathetic -- he does look quite cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment